October 21, 2017, 09:44:33 am

Author Topic: Coins just disappeared  (Read 5099 times)

Najska

• View Profile
Coins just disappeared
« on: May 20, 2014, 08:42:58 am »
I had 512 NerdShares, which I got for free at this address http://forum.coinprism.com/index.php?topic=161.0.

Today when I logged in my Coinprism Wallet, I realised that all of my NerdShares just disappeared. They don't even show up in the transactions.

Is that what happens when one has coloredcoins? I'm very disappointed now.

petskup

• Peace
    • View Profile
Re: Coins just disappeared
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 09:05:53 am »
same here,i think they didint pay transactions fee(nigerian scam,nerdshares&slack)all disappeared.do you have peacecoins still?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:12:07 am by petskup »
1FcTnJmtoYfS6vrjUdP4byDyAnwdvJQpvx

Najska

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 10:06:28 am »
I have Peacecoins and NigerianScam, but not NerdShares. Mustn't they have already paid it so that I could see them in my wallet? Because I could also see the 600 satoshis in my wallet. Could it be that the transaction hadn't yet been confirmed but still seen?

petskup

• Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 10:31:32 am »
Yes,u can see confirmed or unconfirmed if confirmed then no problem&http://tinyurl.com/kz7e3aq
1FcTnJmtoYfS6vrjUdP4byDyAnwdvJQpvx

UB3R N3RD

• View Profile
    • N3RD 5H4R35
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 03:47:24 pm »
Strange I did pay tx fees -_- Now ALL MY N3RD 5H4R35 are gone too... I will try to issue new ones as soon as I figured out what is going on.
Join teh N3RD way of life! Write something @ this topic and get yourself some N3RD 5H4R35! Follow @ https://twitter.com/N3RD5H4R35

brian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 06:11:10 pm »
I still have my PeaceCoins. One of my Slack transactions is still out there, but the rest came back to me.

Dance76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 06:41:08 pm »
I still have my owl, peace and red coins - but I've lost my Slack and Nerd Coins.

I also believe that some people have lost their Nigerian Scam Coins (but these have not been returned to my balance)

At least the Nigerian Scam Coins live up to their name :-)
Coinprism 1EuhLUGqdzEEAT4irLP2MZyZ7zEPoPmE4G - send any  coin to this address for valuable Nigerian Scam Coin.

Coinprism

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Coinprism
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 09:40:25 pm »
I had 512 NerdShares, which I got for free at this address http://forum.coinprism.com/index.php?topic=161.0.
Today when I logged in my Coinprism Wallet, I realised that all of my NerdShares just disappeared. They don't even show up in the transactions.

This is because we only retain unconfirmed transactions for 24 hours. If they are not confirmed within that time, the transaction is considered as lost. We recommend adding a transaction fee to avoid unconfirmed transactions.

brian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 10:07:13 pm »

This is because we only retain unconfirmed transactions for 24 hours. If they are not confirmed within that time, the transaction is considered as lost. We recommend adding a transaction fee to avoid unconfirmed transactions.

My transactions all included a tx fee, but apparently never confirmed - I don't know, I wasn't watching that close. And now all of my sends are failing. Could this be something else?

UB3R N3RD

• View Profile
    • N3RD 5H4R35
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 09:13:43 am »
I think I found something: There was a problem with my initial tx from my main address to my N3RD 5H4R35 address.  Don't get confused by the date - this tx should have been sent some days ago. (it gets sent again once a day because it does not go through?!). I can remember lowering the fee from 0.0001 to 0.000001 but 0.000001 still > 0.

@Coinprism can you please re-send the inputs again in another tx but this time with the standard fee and 13uDug6GDg6Yv2KDWZZS8XAEWZHRd7DeFn as target? I have to sign this new tx, right?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:29:20 am by UB3R N3RD »
Join teh N3RD way of life! Write something @ this topic and get yourself some N3RD 5H4R35! Follow @ https://twitter.com/N3RD5H4R35

Najska

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 12:27:25 am »
Got them back. Thx : )

btc.blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 05:02:57 pm »
I am only missing my nigerian scam coins (Damn you nigerian scammers!) as far as i can tell. My vapetropolis shares finally arrived!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:11:32 pm by btc.blue »

drinkcoupon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 06:51:59 am »

How is anybody supposed to have control over the transaction fee if they're the one receiving the coins?  Several coins have disappeared out of my wallet this way.  It seems like a pretty big design flaw.

Najska

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 11:02:05 am »

How is anybody supposed to have control over the transaction fee if they're the one receiving the coins?  Several coins have disappeared out of my wallet this way.  It seems like a pretty big design flaw.
It seems you're expected to wait until the transaction is confirmed. Or just wait for 24 hours and if the coins are still there, then they're truly yours. But it's still a design flaw. I think the coins shouldn't show up in the wallet (but you'll be able to see them in the Transactions section as unconfirmed transactions) until the transaction is confirmed.

btc.blue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 08:40:05 pm »
It's not a design flaw from colored coins really, this is how bitcoin work and colored coins is just working on top of bitcoin. It is up to the issuer to include a fee and is simply part of the process unless you want to go without the fee and then you see what happens.